Friday, February 1, 2013

Roses?


Oil on 8x10 board
Love them and so many different varieties, the two I tackle for practice has given me a new out look on these beauties.
I know patience is a virtue but these really gave me a lot to see, twists and turns light and shade the most complicated flower I think to paint and make it look like what you see!
Amazing when you sit in front of flowers after a while it's not just the main colour you think it is, delicate touches you wouldn't notice at a brief glance and making the depth with a variation of the same hue is fascinating.
So for now before I get totally squirrelly I decided to leave roses alone for a while!
Babs

Oil on 8x10 board

1 comment:

  1. Lovely paintings Babs, I always get lost when I try roses but you have done really well.

    ReplyDelete