Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Winter's Night

"A winter's Night" oil on 8x8 board
Homeward bound on a winters night, my daughter Lisa took this on Instagram, after a long days work.

I think it gives a feeling of the depth of winter and a long walk home! I wanted to try a dark moody painting, for some reason I turned the painting upside down and started that way, just like Monet mentioned where you see a colour paint it!

So that was my thought to see what would happen to give the effect I tried not to be overly fussy and let the paint go not fiddling around for details.

Do you know I think it was fun!

Babs

1 comment:

  1. You captured the feeling very well. The bright lights of the city and the gloom of the trees. I've never tried painting from upside down. Ir probably would turn out to be very abstact!!

    ReplyDelete