Tuesday, July 2, 2013

For the Love of Fred!

"Frederick" oil on 8x10 board
I am finding more and more interest on YouTube, decided to look up horses and was amazed how much info was in it from videos to photo's of all kinds of horses.

I found a video of Frederick the Great. I was blown away by his beauty. He is a Friesian, they were almost extinct not too long ago, hard to believe when you see him in action. He's totally black  with a magnificent main and tail, obviously well groomed. Watching him gallop across a field in slow motion was wonderful to see!

I managed to find a picture that I could try and paint to show how proud and full of life he looks I enjoyed the challenge and will keep him at home!
 Babs

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful horse, so black and shiny. great painting Barb.

    ReplyDelete